COVID-19 UPDATE 3/23/20: At this time Canine Handler Academy has not been cancelled; however, we are closely monitoring the situation and will abide by all government and university policies. A final decision will be made no later than June 1. While we are not accepting formal registrations at this time, if you would like to reserve a tentative spot for your child in one of our weeks, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your child’s name, grade in 2020-2021 school year, week(s) they want to attend, and your contact information.
- Introduction to detection dogs and their many different jobs. Learn search, obedience, and fitness techniques while discovering the benefits of positive reinforcement practices.
- For incoming 7th, 8th, and 9th graders (2019-2020 school year)
- Beginner Session #1: July 6-10, 2020
- Beginner Session #2: July 13-17, 2020
- Beginner Session #3: July 20-24, 2020
- A full week dedicated to in depth exploration of Search & Rescue Dogs
- Prerequisite – For incoming 7th, 8th, and 9th graders (2019-2020 school year) who have attended at least one beginner session.
- Advanced Session: July 27-31, 2020
Counselor & Counselor-In-Training (CIT)
- The learning never stops! Our students do not age out but rather have the opportunity to become counselors. If your student has been with us before, they are eligible to apply as a Counselor-In-Training or a Counselor.
- Must apply and receive acceptance notification prior to registering.
- Qualifications for Counselor-In-Training
Completed at least 1 beginner session
Completed at least 1 advanced session
*Incoming 9th graders may only be CITs for Beginner Sessions
*Incoming 10th graders+ may be CITs for Advanced Sessions
- Qualifications for Counselor
Completed at least one Counselor-In-Training week
Incoming 10th grader or older
We offer scholarships to qualified applicants. Learn more and apply at https://capable-canine.com/2020-cha-scholarship-application
Cancellation requests must be submitted to email@example.com no later than June 1, 2020. A full refund minus a 25% processing fee will be issued. No refunds will be issued after this time.