Here is some information to help you with your travel planning including hotels, airport, and ground transportation.
- Enter the Pennovation Works complex through the guard station located at the intersection of Grays Ferry Avenue & 35th Street-1 block west of 34th Street.
- Park in the lot located just inside complex on your left hand side.
- Check in at the Penn Vet Working Dog Center main building before proceeding. Enter thru door with red and blue awning and image of German Shepherd.
Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) – ~15 minutes from the WDC
There are a few areas that you may consider booking a hotel.
- Hotels near the airport – These will be your cheapest options and most will provide a shuttle from the airport. You will have to take a taxi or Uber to the WDC. We use the Clarion Hotel for our conferences, they are pet friendly, and there is one restaurant on premise.
- University City – There are numerous restaurants in the area. It is is an 8-10 minute walk to the WDC (weather permitting) or you would need to arrange your own ground transportation.
- Center City – Offers the best options for food and sights outside of class time. From Center City you can take the SEPTA 12 bus or the 64 bus which stops at 35th and Grays Ferry at the entrance to Pennovation Campus where the WDC is located.
GPS – using the address 3501 Grays Ferry is sometimes more accurate. You will need to check in at the guard station and proceed to the WDC.
There is free parking available at the WDC if you drive or have a rental car.
If you are being dropped off by a taxi or Uber, have them bring you through the main gate to our building #6179 (it is a one story white building and you will see a Penn Vet Working Dog Center sign on the building near the front door).